Welcome to the Kingdom Hearts Database! ★ If you are new, your edits may not appear may not appear immediately to prevent spam and vandalism, but they will appear! ★ Our Spoiler policy is in effect! All articles related to Kingdom Hearts III must have the Unreleased template until checked and cleared by a member of the site staff!
Effective: 6 June 2018
The Kingdom Hearts Database recognizes the importance of and is committed to protecting the privacy of all users and visitors of the Kingdom Hearts Database. The following policy guidelines have been created with the fundamental respect for our users’ right to privacy. This page details our policy regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use the Kingdom Hearts Database. We use your data to provide and improve the Kingdom Hearts Database. By using the Kingdom Hearts Database, you agree to this policy.
In this policy, "we", "us", "our", and "Database" refer to the Kingdom Hearts Database.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Database or from the Database infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using the Database and is the subject of Personal Data.
Collection of Data
When users visit pages on our server, our Web server automatically collects some information about the users, including their IP addresses. These addresses are used by computers on the network to send the requested pages to users.
While using the Database, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send, or by opting-out in your account preferences.
We may also collect information on how the Database is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing and frequency, and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate the Database.
- Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies: Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
Use of Data
The Kingdom Hearts Database uses data it has collected for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Database;
- To notify you about changes to the Database;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Database when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer support;
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Database;
- To monitor the usage of the Database;
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
- We need to perform a contract with you;
- You have given us permission to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights;
- To comply with the law.
Cookies and Advertising
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (Windows 10 and below): https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Microsoft Edge (Windows 10): https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
Blocking all cookies could have a negative impact on how you can use many websites and your access to various website features, including those on the Kingdom Hearts Database.
Retention of Data
The Kingdom Hearts Database will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes described in this policy. The Database will also retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with any legal obligations, including complying with applicable by laws; to resolve disputes; and to enforce any and all legal agreements and policies. The Database will retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes.
Transfer of Data
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
The Kingdom Hearts Database may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities.
Rights over Data
You have various rights under data protection laws in you country of residence, as follows:
- The right to access, update, or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information. Those circumstances include: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format. This right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- The right to withdraw consent. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing your Personal Data before the withdrawal.
- The right to file a complaint with a data protection authority regarding our collection and use of your Personal Data.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Kingdom Hearts Database ("Service Providers"), to provide the Database on our behalf, to perform site-related services or to assist us in analyzing how the Database is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
The Kingdom Hearts Database may use third-party Service Providers to show advertisements to you when you visit the Database in order to support and maintain the Database. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/
Google AdSense & DoubleClick Cookie
The collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use social media channels associated with the Kingdom Hearts Database, including, but not limited to, Discord servers, Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, YouTube channels, and Twitch channels are subject to the privacy policies of those respective platforms. The Kingdom Hearts Database is not responsible for the privacy policies of third-party Service Providers.
Links to Other Sites
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child/children has provided us with Personal Data without your consent, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
You can contact the Kingdom Hearts Database by email: email@example.com