Welcome to the Kingdom Hearts Database! 👑 If you are new, your edits may not appear immediately to prevent spam and vandalism, but they will appear! 👑 Our Spoiler policy is in effect! All articles related to Kingdom Hearts III must have the Unreleased template until checked and cleared by a member of the site staff! 👑 Be sure to join our Discord server and meet our growing community!
News:Kingdom Hearts: VR Experience updated, introduces four worlds
- Kingdom Hearts: VR Experience receives first update since release.
- Update features highlights from Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts II, and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
This week, Square Enix published an update for Kingdom Hearts: VR Experience, as announced on the Kingdom Hearts official Twitter account. Now six months since the virtual reality title released in Japan for PlayStation VR, this first update adds four worlds to the game, featuring highlights from three titles in the series.
The first of these worlds is Twilight Town, and features a virtual reality remake of "Sunset" from the HD remake of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. The next, Castle Oblivion, features the scene "Phantom Promise or Not" from Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories. Olympus Coliseum, which had been promoted leading up to the update's release, doesn't feature any scenes from the game, but does give an opportunity to attack virtual Heartless with the PlayStation Motion Controller. Finally, The World That Never Was features the scene "Why Do You Hate the Darkness?" from Kingdom Hearts II. Each of the worlds additionally feature scenes highlighting climactic and important scenes from the respective games, with Olympus Coliseum featuring scenes from that world shown in both Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II. As a special bonus, the orchestral arrangement for "Darkness of the Unknown" from the infamous music group Project: Destati's latest album, Darkness, was featured during the game highlight segment of The World That Never Was.
There is now word yet on the next update, though based on the original announcement trailer, there should be at least one more update featuring Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, and Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover. If you played the latest update, let us know in the discussion page what you thought!
- @KINGDOMHEARTS on Twitter: "The second part of the KINGDOM HEARTS: VR Experience is coming in an update to #PS4 on July 24 (PT/BST)! You'll be able to use motion controllers in some new, yet familiar, worlds like Olympus Coliseum!"
- @ProjectDestati on Twitter: "We're over the moon that our arrangement of "Darkness of the Unknown" is featured in the Kingdom Hearts VR Experience."
- Kingdom Hearts Database: "Square Enix announces Kingdom Hearts VR Experience"