- All three releases of the Kingdom Hearts series on the Nintendo Switch have received updates
- The updates now show the server congestion status on the portal screen.
- The portal screen for Kingdom Hearts III + Re Mind also now shows an option to choose between prioritizing graphics or performance
Square Enix tonight announced that all three cloud versions of the Kingdom Hearts series on the Nintendo Switch would be updated. The updates bring all three titles to version 1.0.3.
The patch notes for all three titles are largely the same. The server congestion status for each title is now displayed on the portal screen for each game. This is important since the games are being streamed from remote servers. As a result, if too many people are playing one of the titles at the same time, the server the titles are being streamed from may become congested, resulting in a poorer gaming experience. The server congestion status would allow one to determine whether to play now or come back later.
Kingdom Hearts III + Re Mind (DLC) Cloud Version has one additional update: players now have the option to choose to prioritize performance or graphics while playing the game. In theory, this may improve the experience by allowing the player to choose to focus more on streaming a higher quality image or a less latent experience.
Let us know what you think of these updates and of the Nintendo Switch version of the games!
- ↑ キングダム ハーツ (@_KINGDOMHEARTS) on Twitter: "「キングダム ハーツ」シリーズのNintedo Switchクラウドバージョンについて 本日より、ポータル画面にサーバー混雑状況が表示されるようになりました。その他の情報につきましては、サポートセンターよりご確認ください。 https://t.co/AhrzkPBk4B #_KH"
- ↑ Square Enix Support Center (square-enix.com): Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5+2.5 Remix- Update (5/12)
- ↑ Square Enix Support Center (square-enix.com): Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Update (5/12)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Square Enix Support Center (square-enix.com): KINGDOM HEARTS III + Re Mind (DLC) Update (5/12)