- Square Enix announces the Kingdom Hearts Concert -Second Breath- brass concert to be held in 2023
- Five performances were announced across three days, all set to take place in Japan.
Square Enix has announced Kingdom Hearts Concert -Second Breath-, a series of brass concert performances set to take place in early 2023. The event is a follow up to the 2016 Kingdom Hearts Concert -First Breath-. And just like the first event, this new series of performances will take place only in Japan.
The concert will feature five performances across three dates in two locations:
|Festival Hall||Osaka, Japan||February 19, 2023||15:00|
|Orchard Hall, Bunkamura Complex||Tokyo, Japan||March 18, 2023||12:30|
|Orchard Hall, Bunkamura Complex||Tokyo, Japan||March 18, 2023||17:00|
|Orchard Hall, Bunkamura Complex||Tokyo, Japan||March 19, 2023||12:30|
|Orchard Hall, Bunkamura Complex||Tokyo, Japan||March 19, 2023||17:00|
Each of the performances are set to feature Kaoru Wada conducting, the Siena Wind Orchestra performing, and series composer Yoko Shimomura as a guest. Additionally, Wada is one of the arrangers of the pieces that will be performed, and he's confirmed most of the pieces are new arrangements.
Tickets are set to cost ¥7,700. However, limited concert tickets are also being sold for ¥10,000, which will include a "Dearly Beloved" music box with a series 20th Anniversary design
Sign-ups are now open to enter the lottery for the tickets, and go until 11:59 PM JST December 25, 2022. You can sign up for the event here: https://www.jp.square-enix.com/music/sem/page/kh/concert/secondbreath/
In addition to the announcement, a special message from series composer Yoko Shimomura was also published on the website. In it, she shares her joy at the return of the Kingdom Hearts Concert series, explaining that she wondered when they'd hold the next one after the conclusion of the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World of Tres- encore series. The full quote (as translated by our friends at KH13) is as follows:
- "The Kingdom Hearts Concert is coming back once again! This gladdens me to no end.
- "After the final performance at the KINGDOM HEARTS Orchestra -World of Tres- at the end of 2019, I asked myself: 'So when would we be able to hold the next concert??' I am very happy to announce that we will be able to present a concert with a new program sooner than I had initially expected. I hope that this concert will take you on another musical journey of the Kingdom Hearts and that it will once again be a breath of fresh air.
- "We look forward to having a wonderful time with you at the venue. May your heart be your guiding sound."
There doesn't appear to be any plans to expand the concert worldwide, but we'll be keeping an eye on whether that continues being the case. In the meantime, will you be going to Japan for this concert? Let us know!
Update 21:07, 19 December 2022 (MST): Added information from composer Kaoru Wada about the tracks mostly being new arrangements.
- 和田薫 Kaoru Wada (@kaoru_wadash) on Twitter: "The KINGDOM HEARTS concert series has resumed! Part 2 of the brass band concert held in 2016 ‼️ This time, we will perform in Tokyo and Osaka, and the performance will be conducted by Siena 😊. Almost all songs are new arrangements, and I am also one of the arrangers ♫ Advance reservations are being accepted!" (Translation by Google Translate)