Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World of Tres- is an official orchestral concert of Kingdom Hearts music performed by a full orchestra. It is the third orchestral concert and third world tour for the series's music. It was created in celebration of the release of Kingdom Hearts III.
The concert was announced on January 22, 2019, just days before the release of Kingdom Hearts III. The concert premiered on April 27, 2019 in Tokyo Japan.
On December 10th, it was revealed that people could preorder a certain version of Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind, which would include footage of 19 tracks from the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra –World of Tres– concert that was recorded in Osaka, Japan. 
Performances[edit | edit source]
At its announcement, the event was said to include twenty-two performances in seventeen cities around the world. Additionally, the concert series had a performance in Los Angeles, coinciding with E3 2019 for the third year in a row.
|April 27 & 28, 2019||Tokyo International Forum A||Tokyo, Japan|
|May 18, 2019||Esplanade Concert Hall||Singapore, Singapore|
|June 1, 2019||Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|June 8, 2019||Dolby Theatre||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|June 22, 2019||Orlando, Florida, United States||Walt Disney Theater|
|June 28 & 29, 2019||United Palace||New York City, New York, United States|
|July 13, 2019||Sony Centre||Toronto, Canada|
|August 24, 2019||Kölner Philharmonie||Köln, Germany|
|September 14, 2019||Fox Theatre||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|September 28, 2019||Palais des Congrès||Paris, France|
|October 5, 2019||Teatro Arcimboldi||Milan, Italy|
|October 19, 2019||Sydney Town Hall Centennial Hall||Sydney, Australia|
|October 26, 2019||Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|November 2, 2019||Espaçodas Americas||São Paulo, Brazil|
|November 17, 2019||Eventim Apollo||London, United Kingdom|
|November 23, 2019||Auditorium Blackberry||Mexico City, Mexico|
|November 30, 2019||Grand Cube||Osaka, Japan|
|December 26 & 27, 2019||Pacifico Yokohama||Yokohama, Japan|
Program[edit | edit source]
While the programs handed out at venues didn't include "Rhapsody in Tres for Piano, Chorus and Orchestra", Yoko Shimomura surprised attendees with the song as an encore, placing herself on piano for this song. For this song, the conductor also used the Oathkeeper Keyblade baton, which, along with an Oblivion Keyblade baton as part of a set, were available as merchandise for some venues.
|"Dearly Beloved from KINGDOM HEARTS III"||Yoko Shimomura||Kaoru Wada||The Kingdom Hearts III version of Dearly Beloved.|
|"Music from KINGDOM HEARTS"||Yoko Shimomura||Kaoru Wada||A medley comprising of the tracks "Destati", "Destiny Islands", "Traverse Town", "Hand in Hand", and "Friends in My Heart" from Kingdom Hearts.|
|"Music from Re: Chain of Memories"||Yoko Shimomura||Kaoru Wada||A medley comprising of the tracks "Scent of Silence" and "Castle Oblivion" from Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories.|
|"Music from KINGDOM HEARTS II"||Yoko Shimomura||Natsumi Kameoka||A medley comprising of the tracks "The Afternoon Streets -KINGDOM HEARTS III Version-", "Working Together -KINGDOM HEARTS III Version-", "Reviving Hollow Bastion", "Cavern of Remembrance", and "Deep Anxiety" from Kingdom Hearts II, Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, and Kingdom Hearts III.|
|"Music from 358/2 Days"||Yoko Shimomura||Sachiko Miyano||A medley comprising of the tracks "Critical Drive", "Sacred Moon", "Musique pour la Tristesse de Xion" from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.|
|"Pretty Pretty Abilities from coded"||Yoko Shimomura||Natsumi Kameoka||An orchestral arrangement of "Pretty Pretty Abilities" from Kingdom Hearts coded".|
|"Music from Birth by Sleep"||Yoko Shimomura||Mariam Abounnasr||A medley comprising of the tracks "The Worlds", "Dearly Dreams", "Destiny's Union", "Night in the Dark Dream", and "Night of Tragedy" from Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix.|
|"Music from Dream Drop Distance"||Yoko Shimomura, Tsuyoshi Sekito||Tomomichi Takeoka||A medley comprising of the tracks "Dream Eaters", "Sweet Spirits♡", "Majestic Wings", and "Link to All" from Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.|
|"Music of Another Time"||Yoko Shimomura||Natsumi Kameoka||A medley comprising of the tracks "Hand in Hand -Union χ Version-", "Scala ad Caelum", and "Wave of Darkness I", a from Kingdom Hearts χ, ''Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover, and Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A fragmentary passage-.|
|"Diabolic Bash"||Yoko Shimomura||Kousuke Yamashita||A medley comprising of the tracks "Destiny's Force", "Shrouding Dark Cloud", "The Fight for My Friends", "Vim and Vigor", "The Encounter", "Another Side", "Unforgettable", "Rage Awakened", and "L'Impeto Oscuro.|
|"Face My Fears -KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version-"||Hikaru Utada & Skrillex||Kaoru Wada||An orchestral arrangement of "Face My Fears".|
|"Symphonic Suite: The Worlds of Tres I: Of Gods and Toys"||Yoko Shimomura, Tsuyoshi Sekito, Randy Newman, Takeharu Ishimoto||Natsumi Kameoka||A medley comprised of several tracks from Kingdom Hearts III, featured in Olympus and Toy Box. Namely: "Mount Olympus", "Hero's Fanfare", "Sky of Wonder", "First Flight", "Engage!", "You've Got a Friend in Me -KINGDOM HEARTS III Version-", "Toy Box Jam", and "Skyward Striker".|
|"Symphonic Suite: The Worlds of Tres II: Tangled with Scares"||Yoko Shimomura, Tsuyoshi Sekito||Natsumi Kameoka||A medley comprised of several tracks from Kingdom Hearts III, featured in Kingdom of Corona and Monstropolis. Namely: "Happy Hair Day", "Swingin' Free", "Star Explorer", "Monstropolis Now", and "Monster Smash!"|
|"Symphonic Suite: The Worlds of Tres III: A Frozen Fracas"||Yoko Shimomura, Takeharu Ishimoto||Sachiko Miyano||A medley comprised of several tracks from Kingdom Hearts III, featured in Arendelle. Namely: "Frozen Wonderland", "Miracle on Ice", "No Surrender!", and "Anger Unchained".|
|"Symphonic Suite: The Worlds of Tres IV: A Pirate's Tale"||Takeharu Ishimoto, Yoko Shimomura||Tomomichi Takeoka||A medley comprised of several tracks from Kingdom Hearts III, featured in The Caribbean. Namely: Medley of: "A Pirate's Adventure", "Winds of Fate", "Flags of Fury", "Titanic Clash", and "Eye of the Storm".|
|"Symphonic Suite: The Worlds of Tres V: A Hero's Journey"||Takeharu Ishimoto, Tsuyoshi Sekito, Yoko Shimomura||Kousuke Yamashita||A medley comprised of several tracks from Kingdom Hearts III, featured in San Fransokyo, Keyblade Graveyard, The Final World, and Scala ad Caelum. Namely: "AR -Augmented Rhythm-", "Robot Overdrive", "The Star Fortress", "Lock, Load, and Blast!", "Stranded Beyond", "Graveyard Labyrinth", and "Replicas".|
|"Overture to the Decisive Battle"||Yoko Shimomura, Takeharu Ishimoto||Yasunori Nishiki||A medley comprised of several tracks from Kingdom Hearts III, featured in Keyblade Graveyard, Land of Departure, and Scala ad Caelum. Namely: "Dawn of Hope", "Enter the Darkness -KINGDOM HEARTS III Version-", "Hearts as One", "Forza Finale", and "Dark Domination".|
|"光 -KINGDOM Tres Orchestra Instrumental Version-"||Hikaru Utada||Kaoru Wada||An orchestral arrangement of "光".|
|"Rhapsody in Tres for Piano, Chorus and Orchestra"||Yoko Shimomura, Takeharu Ishimoto||Kaoru Wada||"Rhapsody in Tres for Piano, Chorus and Orchestra" from Kingdom Hearts III.|
|"誓い -KINGDOM Tres Orchestra Instrumental Version-"||Yoko Shimomura, Takeharu Ishimoto||Kaoru Wada||An orchestral arrangement of "誓い".|
Album[edit | edit source]
An album for the orchestra was revealed along with additional merchandise in April 2019.
Track List[edit | edit source]
|1||"Dearly Beloved from KINGDOM HEARTS III"||4:10|
|2||"Music from KINGDOM HEARTS"||5:22|
|3||"Music from KINGDOM HEARTS II"||6:05|
|4||"Music from 358/2 Days"||5:32|
|5||"Music from Birth by Sleep"||6:26|
|6||"Symphonic Suite: The World of Tres I -Of Gods and Toys-"||10:15|
|7||"Symphonic Suite: The World of Tres II -Tangled with Scares-"||5:33|
|8||"Symphonic Suite: The World of Tres III -A Frozen Fracas-"||6:21|
|9||"Symphonic Suite: The World of Tres IV -A Pirate's Tale-"||7:04|
|10||"Symphonic Suite: The World of Tres V -A Hero's Journey-"||10:19|
|11||"Overture to the Decisive Battle"||9:05|
Forewords[edit | edit source]
In the album booklet came 4 letters; one from the director Tetsuya Nomura, and three from each of the composers Yoko Shimomura, Takeharu Ishimoto, and Tsuyoshi Sekito.
"I imagine most of you listening to this CD have already finished KINGDOM HEARTS III, and I think this concert recording is the perfect soundtrack to help you reflect on your experience while you wait for our next big announcement. From the tunes for the very first title to melodies of the latest, these thrilling medleys are sure to stir up many memories. I hope you'll not only look fondly on what has been, but also look forward to what's to come."
- Tetsuya Nomura (KINGDOM HEARTS series director.)
"Hello! This is Yoko Shimomura, lead composer for the KINGDOM HEARTS series. Thank you for taking time to listen to this album!
It's been two years since the last concert we did, KINGDOM HEARTS Orchestra -World Tour-. At this time, I wrote, 'This all feels like a dream. It's the fifteenth anniversary of KINGDOM HEARTS, but I hope I don't wake up tomorrow and find I've been sent back in time twenty years before this all happened!' Instead, it feels like I woke up and suddenly two years had passed! And now, two years later, I'm thrilled to present a new program full of new music and arrangements in the form of KINGDOM HEARTS Orchestra -World of Tres-.
When creating music for the original Kingdom Hearts, there were only three of us: me, a synth operator, and a sound programmer. Since then, our numbers have continued to grow with each new title—―more people creating music, more performers playing it, and more fans listening to it. Now we even hold concerts where thousands of people can enjoy the same music together at the same time. The tiny light that sparked in my heart when I wrote my first demo now shines brightly thanks to all the love and support I have received from so many people over the years. I sincerely hope that my music――along with the music of Tsuyoshi Sekito and Takeharu Ishimoto――will spark joy within your hearts as well.
Last but not least, I would like to express my utmost gratitude to everyone who assisted with the production (Keiji Kawamori, Yuki Hirose, Kazuki Hamamoto), composition (Tsuyoshi Sekito, Takeharu Ishimoto), arrangement (Kaoru Wada, Kosuke Yamashita, Sachiko Miyano, Natsumi Kameoka, Tomomichi Takeoka, Yasunori Nishiki, Mariam Abounnasr), and performance of the music from Kingdom Hearts III. I would also like to thank everyone involved in the production of the Kingdom Hearts games, as well as the production of these concerts and accompanying albums. And, of course, I want to thank all of you for your continued support!
Thanks Mom and Dad, my brother, friends, loved ones, and Chief.
the whole "KINGDOM HEARTS" series staff,
and the "Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World of Tres- Album" staff, too.
Thanks for giving me a stage on which to perform,
and for all the joys that have made me who I am.
Thanks for the ocean, the mountain, the earth, the wind, the sky, the sun, music...
-Yoko Shimomura (Music Composer)
"This disc is a rare one――only available at concert venues――so congratulations on adding it to your collection! As a creator, hearing the music I composed and arranged for Kingdom Hearts III performed by a full orchestra and having those luxurious performances recorded on a CD gives me great pleasure.
I'm incredibly happy to have been able to create music for a series as universally beloved as KINGDOM HEARTS, and I hope listening to this album makes you even happier."
"Hello, this is Tsuyoshi Sekito, a composer from the Square Enix Sound Division. I'm thrilled to hear that we'll be producing an album or orchestral arrangements. The music of "KINGDOM HEARTS" is so complex, shifting from forceful to graceful at will, and providing the listener with courage and joy the more they listen. This collection of orchestral arrangements is sure to conjure memories of countless adventures, I look forward to enjoying this album as a fan of the series just like you."
Merchandise[edit | edit source]
During the KINGDOM HEARTS Orchestra -World of Tres- tour in Tokyo, a limited number of concert goods were sold to concert attendees before and after the concert. Some merchandise was only sold at certain venues.
Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World of Tres- Exclusives[edit | edit source]
The performance events also featured additional event-exclusive merchandise for sale. The products included t-shirts, the album, and an orchestra guide.
- CD Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World of Tres-: A CD featuring the concert pieces, and for the first time, some KINGDOM HEARTS III music, revisiting music from the whole saga, and a luxurious packaging. Costs 3500 yen/39 USD.
- The Official Tour Program: 48 page, hard cover book. Exploring the planning of this your, cross interviews between Tetsuya Nomura, and composers Yoko Shimomura, Takeharu Ishimoto, and Takeshi Sekido. With presentation of the numerous artists involved on this tour, a lot of details about its music programs and many illustrations. It costs 2500 yen/39 USD.
- Orchestra Conductor Keyblade Set: Two new Orchestra Conductor Keyblade in one set. It costs 6501 yen /75 USD. 
- Poster: A giant A2 poster with pink gold and high quality paper with the concert official translation. Costs 2000 yen/20 USD.
- Tote Bag: A two side printed tote bag. Costs 2600 yen/20 USD. 
- Key Chain: A Key chain with the tour official illustration. It costs 1700 yen/20 USD. 
- T-shirt (S-M-L-XL): A T-shirt with the tour official illustration. It costs 3000 yen/35 USD. 
Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World Tour- Returning items[edit | edit source]
Some concert goods from the "KINGDOM HEARTS Orchestra -World Tour-" will also be sold at the venue. Note that the -World Tour- Album and concert-inspired t-shirt will not be available at this event.
- The Orchestra Guide is a forty-page guide to the performance, including messages from Yoko Shimomura and Tetsuya Nomura, musical commentary, and the text from Terra and Naminé's conversation from the Kingdom Hearts Concert -First Breath- performances. It cost 2500 yen.
- A Kingdom Key Keyblade-shaped baton cost 3700 yen.
- A concert-themed purse cost 3500 yen
- A card holder, which also holds the tickets for the concert, cost 2000 yen
[edit | edit source]
- Kingdom Hearts Metallic File, costs 600 yen.
- Kingdom Hearts II Metallic File, costs 600 yen.
- Kingdom Hearts III Metallic File, costs 600 yen.
- "The Story Leading to III" 2-fold clear file set, costs 3200 yen.
- An umbrella cost 3200 yen.
- A "Sora and Roxas" folding pouch, costs 1600 yen.
- A "Roxas and Axel" folding pouch, costs 1600 yen.
- A black/silver Kingdom Hearts III mug, costs 3000 yen.
- A monogram/black Kingdom Hearts III mug, costs 2500 yen.
- A monogram/white Kingdom Hearts III mug, costs 2500 yen.
- A Shadow-themed vanity pouch, costs 3700 yen.
- A Shadow plush doll, costs 3400 yen.
- The Kingdom Hearts Anniversary FAN SELECTION -Melodies & Memories- album, costs 3600 yen.
- The Kingdom Hearts-HD 1.5 & 2.5 ReMIX original soundtrack box, costs 7500 yen.
- Digital USB Clock: An alarm clock that makes the Kingdom Hearts menu sound effects when pressing the buttons. It costs 10,700 yen.
- Roxas music box: A Roxas-themed music box that plays "The Other Promise". It costs 7,400 yen.
- Xion music box: A Xion-themed music box that plays "Vector to the Heavens". It costs 7,400 yen.
- Card case: A leather Kingdom Hearts-themed business card holder. It costs 3,000 yen.
- Pass case: A leather Kingdom Hearts-themed pass holder. It costs 3,000 yen.
- Flat Pouch: A Kingdom Hearts-themed flat pouch. It costs 3,000 yen.
- Monogram Kingdom Hearts magnet set: A set of six monogram colored magnets. A Keyblade, heart, heartless emblem, nobody emblem, crown, and Roxas' zipper. It costs 2,700 yen.
- Kingdom Hearts III Masking Tape Set Vol.1: Masking tape set based on Kingdom Hearts III. It costs 3,000 yen.
- Die-cut hand towel (Shadow): A hand towel in the shape of a Shadow Heartless' head. It costs 1,600 yen.
- Stained glass clear sticker set (Monogram): A 16-sticker set, featuring various stained glass art, a heart, a crown, and lucky emblem-shaped stickers. It costs 1,700 yen.
- Canvas tote bag: A tote bag based off of Naminé's drawing of Sora, Donald, and Goofy. It costs 2,600 yen.
See Also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Kingdom Hearts Database: Square Enix announces third Orchestra series, starting April 2019
- Tour Finale Yokohama Additional Performance https://twitter.com/sem_sep/status/1171304352469774336?s=19
- Incorrectly listed as "Simple and Clean"-KINGDOM Tres Orchestra Instrumental Version- in the Kingdom Hearts III concert video DLC
- Incorrectly listed as "Don't Think Twice"-KINGDOM Tres Orchestra Instrumental Version- in the Kingdom Hearts III concert video DLC
- News:Price Correction on Orchestra Conductor Keyblade Set
- WEB Pre-Order, delivery by 31 August 2019
- WEB Pre-Order