Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Cloud Version
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Cloud Version is a cloud-based re-release of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- A logo for Ubitus now appears immediately upon launching the game.
- A splash screen with the logo and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue cover art now precedes the logo animation. The splash screen requires button input before proceeding to the compilation's logo animation and the game select screen.
- The logo animation and game select screen has the logo replaced.
- A new Game Settings menu can be accessed by pressing .
Development and Release[edit | edit source]
Questions about the release of the Kingdom Hearts on the Nintendo Switch began after the release of Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, which was the first title to be released on the Nintendo Switch. Before the release of Melody of Memory, series director Tetsuya Nomura explained that there were no plans at the time to port the series to the platform. He said that the company had attempted to port the games previously, but it had proven to be technologically difficult.
Square Enix announced that Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Cloud Version and the rest of the series would be arriving on the Nintendo Switch on October 5, 2021, as part of the final "Mr. Sakurai Presents" online presentation where Sora had been announced as the final fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Rather than native ports, the series would be releasing as cloud-based versions. A complete compilation of the series on the Nintendo Switch titled Kingdom Hearts Integrum Masterpiece, comprising of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX Cloud Version, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Cloud Version, and Kingdom Hearts III + Re Mind (DLC) Cloud Version would also be available for purchase.
On January 18, 2022, Square Enix announced that Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Cloud Version would release on February 10, 2022 on the Nintendo Switch. Demos for it and the other two cloud titles were made available shortly thereafter. The demo allows the game to be played twice for ten minutes.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Kingdom Hearts Database: "Square Enix and Disney Announce Beloved Kingdom Hearts Collections Coming to Nintendo Switch via Cloud" (Archived October 5, 2021)
- Kingdom Hearts Database: "Beloved Kingdom Hearts Titles Coming to Nintendo Switch via Cloud on February 10" (Archived January 18, 2022)
- NintendoEnthusiast: "No more Kingdom Hearts games planned for Switch, but other Nomura games possible" (nintendoenthusiast.com): "Through a translator, Tetsuya Nomura confirmed there are currently no specific plans for more Kingdom Hearts games on Switch. Square Enix did consider ports of existing games for Switch in the past but found that it was technologically difficult."
- Kingdom Hearts Database: "Kingdom Hearts in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Coverage"
- Kingdom Hearts Database: "Kingdom Hearts series announced for Nintendo Switch via cloud streaming"
- Kingdom Hearts Database: "Cloud versions of Kingdom Hearts series set to release February 10"