- Sora was officially recognized as the character who appears in most Square Enix RPG titles as the hero by Guinness World Records.
- The official record stands at 6 titles.
- Sora is featured on the back cover of the upcoming Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition 2020
Square Enix today announced that Sora, the main protagonist from the Kingdom Hearts series, had won a Guinness World Record. Announced by Guinness World Records back on August 1, and set to be featured in the upcoming Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition 2020, Sora was officially recognized by record-keeping organization as having the most appearances as the hero in Square Enix role-playing games. The record is officially listed as six, which would be Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts II, Kingdom Hearts coded, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, and Kingdom Hearts III.
Sora joins other video games and characters like Sonic the Hedgehog, Detective Pikachu, and Spider-man in the upcoming world record book Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition 2020, set to release on September 5. In fact, as a result of the record, both Sora and the words "Kingdom Hearts" are featured on the back cover of the upcoming book. Let us know what you think about the record, and any other records in the book, on our discussion page!
- @KINGDOMHEARTS on Twitter: "Thank you @GWR for recognizing Sora in #GWRgamers Edition 2020!🎉 Did you know that Sora has had the most appearances as the hero in @SquareEnix RPGs? Now you do!✨"
- Guinness World Records: "The records held by Gamer's Edition 2020 cover characters - including Fortnite, Spider-Man and Pikachu"